Earlier this week I was invited to join the developer community of bloggers at Elegant Code. I had to think about it for a bit because I wanted to make sure that I would be able to fulfill all my obligations and still maintain the quality of postings and work that I hold myself accountable to. I am very glad to say that I have accepted the invitation to join Elegant Code, because I do feel that I can embark on this adventure while still maintaining my standard of quality.
What does this mean for Making the Complex Simple?
There should be no noticeable change. I know this might be a little confusing for some readers of this site because I will now be blogging in two places, so let me outline what you can expect to see.
- I will continue to blog about 2-3 times a week on https://simpleprogrammer.com
- The content on simpleprogrammer.com will continue to be the same type of general programming, best practices and technological reviews, not tied to a specific theme.
- I will blog about 2-3 times a month on http://elegantcode.com
- The content I post on elegantcode.com will revolve around ideas about how to write elegant code and improve your code in general.
- I will not cross-post. This means that content will appear in only one place, not both. I may link to either site, but the content will have a definite home on one or the other.
- I will be exclusively writing COBOL from now on, and all my posts will be about programming in COBOL and the secret lives of COBOL programmers. (Ok that one is a lie, but the rest are true.)
My first post at elegantcode.com was just posted today entitled “What Does Elegant Code Mean to Me“.
One last thing before I go.
Here is a picture of a dog biting its own tail.
Here is a picture of a blue mushroom.
That is all.