Simple Programmer Products
- The Complete Software Developer's Career Guide
- Soft Skills: The Software Developer's Life Manual
- 10 Steps to Learn Anything Quickly
- How to Market Yourself as a Software Developer
- Simple Real Estate Investing for Software Developer's
- Creating a Blog to Boost Your Career
- 10 Ways to Make Money With Your Blog
- “Trust the Process” T-Shirt
- Accelerate Your Developer Career
The Complete Software Developer's Career Guide
Early in his software developer career, John Sonmez discovered that technical knowledge alone isn't enough to break through to the next income level – developers need “soft skills” like the ability to learn new technologies just in time, communicate clearly with management and consulting clients, negotiate a fair hourly rate, and unite teammates and coworkers in working toward a common goal.
- How to systematically find and fill the gaps in your technical knowledge.
- Should you take contract work – or hold out for a salaried position?
- Ever notice how every job ever posted requires “3-5 years of experience,” which you don't have? I'll help you solve this problem.
- Is earning a computer science degree a necessity – or a total waste of time?
- Coding bootcamps – some are great, some are complete scams. How to tell the difference so you don't find yourself cheated out of $10,000
- and much more…
4.8 out of 5 stars on Amazon
“If you're a developer, green or a veteran, you owe it to yourself to read The Complete Software Developer's Career Guide.”
Jason Down | Platform Developer, Igloo Software. Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Soft Skills: The Software Developer's Life Manual
For most software developers, coding is the fun part. The hard bits are dealing with clients, peers, and managers, staying productive, achieving financial security, keeping yourself in shape, and finding true love. This book is here to help.
- Boost your career by building a personal brand
- John's secret ten-step process for learning quickly
- Fitness advice to turn your geekiness to your advantage
- Unique strategies for investment and early retirement
4.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon
“Enjoy this book. Take it a little at a time, jump around, absorb, and return to it. Continuous integration and continuous improvement workin wetware as well as software!”
Scott Hanselman | SOFTWARE ARCHITECT, ENGINEER, AUTHOR, TEACHER
10 Steps to Learn Anything Quickly
Here’s How To Turn “Information Overwhelm” Into An Efficiency Edge That Can Quickly Boost Your Income, Earn You “MVP” Status With Your Team, And Make You The In-Demand Developer Companies Are Dying To Recruit.
- How breaking out of the “learning cattle chute” can help you master even the most challenging technologies quickly.
- The reason why including a mandatory “play time” in your study sessions can rocket you up the learning curve faster than you thought possible—even though you feel like you’re just goofing off.
- How to harness your natural creativity and curiosity for better, faster learning (with zero frustration and overwhelm).
- How to chart your own course for learning a new topic. This will free you from the soft tyranny of book authors and trainers who think they know the best way for you to learn.
- And much more…
“I found this course in March 2014 and I still watch again and again to learn when ever I get stuck. I became more productive after following your tips. You are best mentor I’ve ever had.” Chirag Nayyar | Software Developer.
How to Market Yourself as a Software Developer
The Top 3% of developers snap up all the best opportunities before you even hear about them which leaves you to slug it out with increasing numbers of recent graduates who happily work for peanuts to get a foot in the door.
Learn how to flip this dynamic around and have opportunities chase YOU. Become a recognized authority in your space.
Instead of chasing “The Prize”, you become the prize.
- Landing the job you've always wanted.
- Earning a raise of 20%, 50% or even as much as 300% over the coming months and years.
- Building a reliable feeder system for 4- and 5-figure freelancing and consulting work.
- Enjoying more satisfaction in your day to day work.
- And much more…
“As a new graduate I struggled to find a job as a software developer. Many, if not all jobs ask for at least 2 years of experience. I am a few weeks into the course and I am blown away by its value. John gives you amanageable step-by-step guide to becoming a developer and how to “do it right. The course shows you a straight-forward method to proving yourself as a software developer.I would recommend this course to anyone who aspires to be a software dev!”
Mitch Tabian | Software Developer, Course Author. Vancouver, Canada
Simple Real Estate Investing for Software Developer's
How I Built Enough Wealth and “Passive Income” to Retire at 32—Without Putting My Family at Risk.
When I was 18, I set a goal for myself to “retire” by age 35.
And by my 32nd birthday, I had built enough monthly, residual income that I never had to work again unless I chose too.
In this course, I'll show you the simple, low-risk strategy I used to build a retirement-level income.
WARNING: This is NOT your typical “get rich in real estate” kind of course.
In fact, my approach is pretty much the opposite of “get rich quick.”
Creating a Blog to Boost Your Career
The “Create a Blog to Boost Your Career” Workbook
- Learn the number one secret to blogging success and how I use it to generate over $10,000 of passive income each month with my blog.
- Learn why most blogs fail and how you can avoid the most common mistakes that most new bloggers make.
- Learn how easy it is to get a new blog set up in just 5 minutes.
10 Ways to Make Money With Your Blog
Earn $100 with Your Blog in the Next 90 Days – Guaranteed
Raise your hand if you've ever heard another software developer say:
“Having a blog is fine—but you can't make any money doing that…”
Well, in just a minute I'm going to show you how you can earn at least $100 from your blog in the next 90 days, guaranteed 100%.
“Trust the Process” T-Shirt
Supremely soft, superior quality. Modern, slightly fitted shape.
- Made from light, high quality cotton.
- Runs slightly longer than regular shirts.
- 100% combed ring-spun cotton jersey.
- XS – 3XL
Accelerate Your Career: Digital Toolkit
- Software Developer Interview Crash Course
- Step-By-Step Job Hunt Action Plan
- 65 Must-Read Books for Coders
- Skills Assessment Tool
- Salary Negotiation Strategies and Scripts
- 10 Principles for Highly Effective Debugging Checklist
- And Much More…