Latest Articles

SP
Best Practices

Refactoring Switches to Classes

I’ve talked about refactoring switch statements several times before. Switch is Just a Fancy If Else Pulling out the Switch:…

SP
Best Practices

The Development Pendulum

I’ve noticed a rather interesting thing about best practices and trends in software development, they tend to oscillate from one…

SP
Architecture

No Class is an Island

One of the biggest challenges I’ve found with any framework is to make it self-discoverable.  It is often difficult to…

Agile

How to Break Down a Backlog

The process of breaking down a backlog is one of the most important steps in any Agile process. I have…

SP
Agile

Taking a Breather

In my last post I had talked about a possible drawback of Agile basically being that Agile projects tend to…

Ready to Accelerate Your Developer Career?

Rockstar Developer University is John's premium coaching program for developers who want to build careers, not just write code.

Book Your Free Call →
The developers who get the best offers are the ones people already know.The best offers go to developers people already know. Get a free YouTube channel plan built from your stackFree YouTube channel plan →