Latest Articles

Best Practices

One Software Build to Rule Them All

I spent a good time last night troubleshooting a “works on my machine” problem. It takes pain to learn something;…

Agile

Why Small is Better

I’ve talked about large backlogs being fatlogs here and here before, but I’d like to apply that general thinking to…

Agile

Book Review: Scrumban

I just finished reading “Scrumban” by Corey Ladas. This book is a self-published book, which is really a collection of…

code reviews
Best Practices

Don’t Snub the Code Review

The topic of code reviews has always caused much debate in many software shops where I have worked. I am…

Ready to Accelerate Your Developer Career?

Rockstar Developer University is John's premium coaching program for developers who want to build careers, not just write code.

Book Your Free Call →
The developers who get the best offers are the ones people already know.The best offers go to developers people already know. Get a free YouTube channel plan built from your stackFree YouTube channel plan →