Latest Articles

bad architecture
Agile

When Scrum Hurts: Mob Architecture

If you have been following my blog, you know that I have a love/hate relationship with Scrum. I’ve previously talked…

fatlog
Agile

Return of the Fatlog

Just make it work… I first introduced the concept of a Fatlog a couple of months ago. Basically, a fatlog…

apollo 13 image to show why complicated sql should be checked
Database

Using SQL to Check Complicated SQL

Complicated Queries I frequently find myself in the position of having to write fairly complex SQL queries in order to…

Ready to Accelerate Your Developer Career?

Rockstar Developer University is John's premium coaching program for developers who want to build careers, not just write code.

Book Your Free Call →
The developers who get the best offers are the ones people already know.The best offers go to developers people already know. Get a free YouTube channel plan built from your stackFree YouTube channel plan →